Project Blogger and My Secret Weapon
"Project Blogger", a competition of real estate blog coaching, is the brainchild of Jonathan Washburn of ActiveRain.
The goal is simple: over the course of about 4 months, each participating blogging coach will aim to develop the most successful real estate blogger they can.
Here are the details:
Pre-Season: March 12th - April 8th
Getting the 'kinks' worked out.
Developing the blogsite
Competition Begins: April 9th
No more excuses, the race is on.
Competition Ends: July 15th (14 weeks later)
Guest judge evaluation weighs 85% of weekly point scores
ActiveRain community weighs 15% of weekly point scores
Examples of potential guest judges:
* Robert Scoble, famous ex-Microsoft blogger: Scobleizer
* John Battelle, Federated Media - Author of The Search
* Errol Samuelson, new president of Move, Inc.
* Rich Barton or Lloyd Frink, CEO or President of Zillow
* Galen Ward, Shackprices.com
* Matt Mullenweg, Founding Developer of Wordpress
The team with the most points at the end of the competition will win the competition.
Each judges will allocate:
100 points for 1st place
80 points for 2nd place
65 points for 3rd place
50 points for 4th place
35 points for 5th place.
ActiveRain members will also be able to vote for their favorite team of the week.
ActiveRain member point allocation will conform with the above distribution.
Judging Criteria: Judges and ActiveRain members will be instructed to judge the Project Blogger groups using the following criteria:
c. Quality of postings
d. The Apprentice's community involvement
e. Traffic or reach of apprentice's blog(s)
f. Documentation of experience and participation in ActiveRain's Project Blogger's group
g. Cost effectiveness of campaign
h. Improvement/progress of the apprentice
h. Business viability of approach
The blogging coach and apprentice will each be allowed to direct $2,500 of the $5,000.
Selecting An Apprentice:
The only criteria regarding experience of apprentice is that they have not generated any business or leads from blogging before the start of the competition.
No budget restrictions
Budgets must be publish published in the Project Blogger blog on ActiveRain.
1. Dustin Luther, RainCityGuide
2. Jeff Turner, RealEstateShows
3. Greg Swann, BloodhoundBlog
4. Jim Cronin, RealEstateTomato
5. Teresa Boardman, StPaulRealEstateBlog
6. Joe Ferrara & Rudy Bachraty, SellsiusBlog
7. Ardell DellaLoggia, SearchingSeattleBlog
8. Pat Kitano, TransparentRealEstate
9. Joel Burslem, FutureOfRealEstateMarketing
10. Jonathan Washburn, ActiveRain
11. Frances Flynn Thorsen, theRealtyGram
My Secret Weapon:
Name: Jackie Colson-Miller
Location: Tampa, FL
Specialty: Florida & International Real Estate
Blog: "The Real Estate Sizzle"
Launch Date: March 2007
Focus: Global Real Estate Reporting