Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Real Estate Tomato?
The Real Estate Tomato is a destination for real estate news, emarketing, internet insight, services and products. Our mission is to provide Realtors with the news, knowledge, service and technology to make them more successful. As we grow to embrace the tools of Web 2.0, our future will be defined as the destination for Realtors to get their daily eKnowledge.
Tomato is the unfinished fruit. Ripe, round, red and attractive on the outside, but somewhat amorphous and liquidy on the inside; versatile and tasty; a symbol of growth and production and a projectile of disgust. All these elements define our aim with the Real Estate Tomato as we look to enlighten, encourage and entertain Realtors throughout the world.
What means 'Blog'?
Blog is an abbreviation of 'weblog'. It's main distinction from a standard website is the element of being frequently updated. The latest blog entry, or post, is generally displayed first. Past posts are archived by age, category, author, etc. A link to any post's permanent location is always displayed for easy bookmarking.
Blogs can be informal or formal publications. Most blogs allow readers to participate in the post by making 'comments.' Blog's are used as diaries, rants, discussions, news, education, service, etc.
Post - An article of any sort.
Posting is as easy as composing email.
To make a comment, simply click the 'comments' link. Comments are moderated by site owner and can be deleted or edited. Make a comment to agree or disagree with a post, to ask a question, or just to add your own experience and knowledge to the subject.
Why are blogs important?
- Blogs are a convenient and easy way of publishing and distributing information on the internet.
- Tools such as pings, subscriptions and RSS feeds publish and deliver your posts to potentially hundreds of thousands of readers.
- Because of their ability to broadcast upon posting, blogs are easier than communicating with mailing lists, email newsletters and drip marketing.
- Blogs allow collaborative publishing. A small group of experts can discuss an issue and it can be read by everyone. A blog are usually open and allow anyone to create new topics and start discussions within the comments.
- Blogs enhance your website by distributing current information to your audience. Consistent posting on your blog increases your exposure to search engines and blog/news aggregators. The more exposure you create with content relevant to your industry, the more consistently you will be found by the audience you are aiming for.
What is a 'Permalink'?
A Permalink is short for permanent link. This is the address (URL) where the article or post will be found regardless of its location on the blog. It is common that the title of the post is a link to the permalink page, click one and see for yourself.
What is a 'Trackback'?
A trackback link appears when a post on the blog is referenced or related to on a different blog. It appears like a comment, letting your visitors know that another blog also has a post that is closely related or referenced.
What is this icon? What's RSS?
It is a direct link to FeedBurner.com's page offering a one-click way for you to have our posts fed to your preferred blog news feed provider. I personally use Bloglines.com for all my post updates from dozens of blogs, but Feedburner works with all services. Add me to your feed by clicking the icon.
Why is it on the RealEstateTomato.com?
By clicking on the icon and adding this blog as one of your blog feeds, you will be able to browse through the Real Estate Tomato's headlines, ensuring you never miss an article.
The BBC clearly states this about RSS (Rich Site Summary):
RSS allows you to see when sites from all over the internet have added new content. You can get the latest headlines and articles (or even audio files, photographs or video) in one place, as soon as they are published, without having to remember to visit each site every day.
It takes the hassle out of staying up-to-date, by showing you the very latest information that you are interested in.
Feedburner makes it easy to subscribe without revealing your email address.